Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Me Pages & a New Work Sold



Well this week has been very busy! Since it seems that I can't seem to get back on my Sunday listing schedule, I decided to go into my ME page (big mistake) and change it to read that I genrally list on Tuesdays at 6:45 PM PDT. Well, when I went in to save the changes, my whole page just disappeared. The html for my page vanished into thin air with no trace. I'm no html whiz. It took me all of yesterday to get a new Me page up and running. I spent most of the time trying to figure out what colors to use. Then I got hung up on how I was going to arrange the table. In the end simple won out. It still is a work in progress, though. I would love to know your opinion of it. You can click here to view my ME page.




I spent most of last week needle & wet felting a hollow pumpkin to fit a little piggy into. It was quite a bit of work to get it firm enough and to get the top so it fit snuggly. I've done hollow items before. But this one was much bigger than usual. Consequently, I only had one item for this week and much to my surprise, it sold the very next morning!




At present, I'm working on a standing bear. He's been weighted with steel shot to help him stand up. But he needs a bit of coxing to get him to do that. I also made him some very tiny claws with Apoxy Sculpt. There's another item for him that I'm working on. But it's a surprise. I'll post more on him when he's finished.


2 comments:

www.FeltedChicken.com said... [Reply]

How fast do you felt? You said you only had one item to list this week, do you make more than one a week? It's so detailed...

AND...

I've been meaning to talk to you about ebay. Do you only sell on ebay? Is this a better market for higher priced items? How long have you been selling?

I could go on with questions!!! Please email me, I would love to talk to you!!! Your work is so awesome & I'm interested in learning more about you!!! feltedchicken@live.com. I think we could share alot of info with each other!!!!

and no... I'm not trying to pick you up... just in case I come across that way... :) HAHA!!

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Hi Chrissy,
I usually felt two a week. But I'm not very fast. I just work long hours. I sell only on eBay. But I have had items on ArtbyUs.com and ETSY. Hmm? as far as eBay being better for higher priced items I'm not sure. My pieces go anywhere from $95 to $380.00 or so. I've got a fairly loyal following. I tried ETSY but it was a too slow for me. At present poor Henry is the only item in my ETSY store.
I think if you saw where I lived you'd keep driving. It's pretty wierd out here. My son says it's like a cross between "The Hills Have Eyes" & "Deliverence". I like the desert but the people are strange.