Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Iris, the Amazing Little Flutter Pig

Ok this one has another weird end time. I keep forgetting to schedule it. She ends next Tuesday at 11:38 am PDT. There are a few things different about this little piggy. She's the first weighted felty that I've done and her wings are embroidered and hand dyed with koolaid. I really like the way they turned out.
Iris was weighted with steel shot to give her some heft and a real feel. I like the dichotomy between the lightness of her wings and her weight. It speaks to me of the sheer impossibility of a pig's flight. Her delicate antennas are thin beading wire that has been felted with black llama wool and a black onyx bead was attached to the end.
Her reserve price is $145.00 and her Buy it Now price is $224.00. The starting bid is $9.95.

4 comments:

Petrinetrollmor said... [Reply]

Iris is just wonderful !! Lucky Iris who think she can fly away with those wonderful embroidered wings!

I like all your other work too :)))

Drosphilla said... [Reply]

Sooooo cute! I love it soo much! and hope for more :) Great job :)

www.FeltedChicken.com said... [Reply]

BEAUTIFUL!! I love you pieces too! You keep pushing yourself & it's amazing!

-Chrissy P.

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks :-)!