Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

More on Inspiration





I've seen so many little felted mice a top wooden spools with nary a mention of Beatrix Potter or the Tailor of Gloucester.  She has long been an inspiration of mine.  Her ability to create realistic yet anthropomorphic animals is superb. That is what I try to achieve in my work.  So from time to time a make a little Tailor of Gloucester as a reminder and as a way to hone my craft.  I like to give credit where credit is due. Thank you Beatrix for my fond childhood memories and for the inspiration for my art! I would also like to thank the artists of CDHM that so graciously share their knowledge. Without them I doubt I would ever be able to make the little goodies that accompany some of my critters.
My little tailor will be up for auction this Sunday. I hope you all like him.
Here's a link that explains about copyright and such when working from other's as inspiration:

7 comments:

Klare said... [Reply]

Just adorable. I love it. Great detail even down to the headlines on newspaper. Just by stumbling across your site I have fallen in love with your creations and hope to get myself sorted and take up a new hobby.
Klare
: o)
X

DollZandThingZ said... [Reply]

I am all for giving credit where it is due. (I try to do that in my bog and other places. It's amazing how many people don't.) Your little mouse it totally wonderful as always! Thank you for sharing...and for mentioning Beatrix Potter!

DollZandThingZ said... [Reply]
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said... [Reply]

The "Tailor of Gloucester" is one of my favorite Beatrix Potter books. You've done a perfect job of capturing the drawing in felt!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks everyone for the compliments
! Good luck with your new hobby, Klare. It's truly addictive :-)

magnolienrinde said... [Reply]

How wonderful:)))

Moss Hollowe said... [Reply]

I stumbled upon your work via pinterest (one of your mice), and the first thing I thought of was my beloved Beatrix Potter! I'm so glad to have found your work and feel a kinship with you through your love of Ms. Potter's work. Your work is unique and your own, and you really bring them to life! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos and creations.