Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

A New Commission & a Week Break From eBay



Well Sunday has come and gone. As many you may have noticed, there wasn't any eBay listing for this week.  I decided that since this next Sunday is July 3rd and many people will be off vacationing for the 4th, it would be a good idea to give my sales a bit of a break.  But I will still be working on a few things. I'm presently working on a hedgehog. It's been a real challenge for me to create realistic hedgehog fur.  I  know that you can buy hedgehog mohair fabric. But it would feel like I gave in. So now I'm wet felting little merino ropes that will be needle feted in, painted at the root and then cut. It's a good thing this one is going to be small. I thought of doing a little hedgie when I purchased a small picnic basket.  I could just imagine one peeking out from the lid.

My next project is another commission piece, a life-sized crow.  The wool that I ordered for him arrived today. I can't wait to get started on him. Pictured above is my standing hare that I just finished for a client.  The hare is 12 inches tall, ears included.

5 comments:

Helen Priem said... [Reply]

Robin he is beautiful! And I'm looking forward to see how you are going to make the spikes for the hedghog. And and and of course the crow !!!!!

Catherine said... [Reply]

The hare is just beautiful Robin! I am looking forward to seeing the hedgehog! They are so cute especially when they are babies.

Leny said... [Reply]

He is gorgeous!!!

Hugs,Leny

KK said... [Reply]

Absolutely beautiful! :) x

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks everyone :-)!