Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Peace Felt & more Mice


Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I've beeen pretty busy. My Peace Felt project is finished and will be off to England on the September 21, International Peace Day.  I had a hard trying to figure out how to represent peace in a felted item. So I finally settled on a frog. Frogs symbolize unity to me. Because they're at home on land and water and breath air. I used a combination of wet felting and needle felting techniques for this piece.
I've also finished a couple of little mice with kind of a Halloween theme. It's never too early for Hallloween. They're auctions started on eBay tonight rather than the usual Sunday due to the Labor Day holiday.

Next I'm working on a new blog. It's called Porrajmos - Never Again and is in response to the persecution Romani people are facing in France.  Porrajmos is Romani for  "the Devouring" .  It's the term used for the gypsy genocide perpetrated by the Nazis during WWII.  I'll keep you informed when it's up and functioning.

And finally, I've been invited to participate in Online Hallowe'en Studio Tour.  It starts October 1. I hope to see you all there ;-)!

7 comments:

Fiver said... [Reply]

Robin, your Halloween mice are so incredibly adorable, and I love your frog. You're work is amazing!!!

Heather said... [Reply]

Oh these guys are just too cute! I love the one looking at the cupcake soooo lovingly XD

Ascension said... [Reply]

Me encantan tus animalitos te quedan de lo mas real!!!
besitos ascension

Unknown said... [Reply]

OMG I'm just catching up on your last few posts and the cuteness I have been missing is overwhelming!! :)

Unknown said... [Reply]

OH. MY. GOD!!!!! Robin, you are insanely talented!! It's sickening!!! Absolutely STELLAR creations...my jaw is dropping as we speak :-O!!!

Kikka N said... [Reply]

Hi Robin! So happy I found the way to your blog through Kiva`s blog! You have so Beautifully felted animals! Just adore them!

I have started felting a few years ago, but felting animals is quite new ...have done only two so far. (a dog and a frog) You can see the frog in my blog ...

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks for the compliments on my work, everyone :-)!
You make me blush, Kiva! your compliments mean a lot coming from such a talented artist!

And finally welcome to my blog. Kikka :-)! I love your avatar! And the frog on your blog is really cute, too.