Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

3 New Ones & a Makeover

Sorry for posting so late. I had a real weird day yesterday.  First off, I lost my wallet the night berfore. So consequently, I didn't sleep very well.  I got up the next morning and found it under the bed. Then I discovered that the beads I used for the chihuahua's eyes were just the right size for the little chimp (my other learning experience). So I started to redo him and some of his fur. That took a couple of hours. Next, I had to take pics and post them to auctiva. That took over 5 hours. My batteries kept dying and I kept getting kicked off the internet. I did manage to get them listed around the usual times.

But I forgot the really cool thing about yesterday. My neighbor lent me this fantastic magnifying glass on a stand. It's the best! I have to get one of these things. I think they have them at fly fishing shops. So like most days, it was a pretty good mix of good and bad.  But even the bad stuff wasn't so horrible. It just required me to be more patient.

So about my new critters. They all start at $9.95 with no reserve price. 3 of them are 1:12 scale. The little teacup chihuahua is only 1/2 tall at the shoulders.  The little mouse is needle felted and is kind of  on the theme of the last little mousie. I hope you all like them! Now off to clean up yesterday's mess and create a whole new one for today :-)!

3 comments:

julietk said... [Reply]

Your new creatons are fab as usual :-) I have a more modern Magnifying Lamp which is brilliant for those tiny 1:12th scale makes.

Bearly Sane said... [Reply]

So you finally found a silver lining in your cloudy day? That's good Robin.
I have 3 Daylite lamps with magnifyers attached, 2 are used in my studio for when I hold classes and the other I have by my lounge chair...they are fabulous! Especially for we oldies that are gradually loosing our vision.
Good luck with all your eBay sales!
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks Juliet and Sandi!I've been thinking about purchasing one of those magnifying light. I know what you mean about your eyesight going. I first realized mine was going when I started painting ACEOs. That was 4 years ago. The thing I like about this one is that it has 2 alligator clamps on movable arms to hold your work.