Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

New Store, Peace Felt & Reformatting

I've opened an eBay store! I decided to give it a try since eBay is offering a free trial this month. Also, I found out that with eBay's new fee structure it may actually save on fees. 

I'm also reformatting my computer today. It's been increasingly more difficult to connect to the internet. It sometimes takes me over an hour to get a stable dial-up connection. I've ran every diagnostic that I can think of and everything checks out fine. My last resort was to reformat the hard drive. Since I don't have any shipping to do this week, it's the perfect time to get it done. I may be MIA (missing in action) for the next couple of days while I reload all of my programs.


But most importantly, I want to tell you about  the Peace Felt project. I just found about it recently and wanted to share it with my crafty friends. It's open to all types of  arts and crafts as long as the piece contains 25% handmade felt. It will be more than the usual kind of exchange. The project hopes to promote peace, love and unity throughout the world with unconditional giving. I think this is such a cool idea! It's open to both individual artists and groups. You can get all of the details at PeaceFelt.org.  They also have a blog  at PeaceFelt.blogspot.com.  So far, they have participants from Nova Scotia, CA, Tasmania, Australia, United Kingdom, United States and Iraq. I hope to see you all there! :-) I can hardly wait for the exchange on September 21, world peace day.

9 comments:

Julia said... [Reply]

Congratulations with your new store :-) It is always good to try something for free just to see how it works...Good luck!

Jeanie said... [Reply]

Good luck with the store and the formatting!

shannonc60 said... [Reply]

Have you ever tried Etsy for selling your items? You should check it out one day - I find it much better for selling than Ebay.

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks everyone :-)!
The formatting went better than expected and cured my dia-up problem. I only have one more program to load.

Thanks Shannon. I tried ETSY for my paintings and it was very slow. I haven't tried it for my felties, yet and may give it a go if the eBay store is a bit too slow.

Wendy Luane Barber said... [Reply]

I love your little critters and thanks for the PeaceFelt info. I will be signing up. I'm also a needle felter, amongst other things and I got a Kreativ Blogger award. Part of the rules is to nominate others and I know some don't participate, but I'm just thrilled that someone thought of me. Check out my blog when you can. :)

Marie Spaulding said... [Reply]

Hi Robin Joy,

Congratulations on your store and thank you so much for joining PEACE FELT! We are excited to have you as part of the project and grateful that you are spreading the word. It is so wonderful what we can do with our art!

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks Wendy for thinking of me :-)!

Hi Marie,
I'm so happy that you're doing this project. It's really exciting. I agree. It truly is amazing what our creativity can accomplish!

Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said... [Reply]

What a cool idea!--thanks for sharing the info on PeaceFelt. I had never heard of it before.

Josje said... [Reply]

What a great initiative, PeaceFelt!

Good luck with your new store and the computer.