Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

A Nice Surprise





I was so surprised and honored to receive these awards for my blog from a very talented bear artist,  Cheryl of Bingle Bears. She does the most amazing little Teddies. They are so sweet.! Here's a link to her blog. I always enjoy reading her blog and seeing her her wonderful new works. It is truly an honor to receive this award from her.

Here are the rules for the award acceptance:

(1) Thank the person giving the awards
(2) Copy awards to your blog
(3) Place a link to their blog
(4) Name 7 things people don't know about you
(5) Nominate 7 bloggers
(6) Place a link to those bloggers
(7) Leave a comment on their blogs letting them know of their awards

Now for the 7 things you probably didn't know about me.

(1) I like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches
(2) I used to slam dance at the Mabuhay in San Francisco. Yes, I was a punk. Mohawk and all.
(3) I like collecting old bits of blue willow pottery that I find while out hiking in the desert.
(4) When I was kid, I loved to play Tarzan. But since I was the littlest, I always ended up being the chimp.
(5) I was a Joey to the World and belonged to Clowns of America. My clown name was Pumpkin.
(6) I love horned lizards. I think they're my favorite lizard.
(7) I was featured in an Amercan Kennel Club Gazette article titled "Dog Walking San Francisco Style".   Yep, I used to walk dogs for a living among many other things.

My 7 nominees for the award:

(1) Chrissy at The Felted Chicken
(2) Joan of Desert Mountain Bears
(3) Melody  of  Original Art (ACEO) of Melody Lea Lamb
(4) Kimi of Son Blest Bears
(5) Patricia of  Woolytales Miniatures
(6) Kasey of Tanglewood Thicket Creations
(7) Dewfall of  Worksop of the Tireless Artist

There are so many wonderful artists and blogs out there, it was really hard to choose!

6 comments:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said... [Reply]

Thank you so much for the award. It was so nice of you to think of me.

Woolytales Miniatures said... [Reply]

Hi dear Robin~ I tried to leave you a comment earlier today but it did not work so I am trying again! Firstly let me tell you that I just love your woolies. For so many years this is all what I did and it iwll always have a soft spot in my heart. I just love to see woolies done by other artists specially well done like yours!*grin*
Now, ((( Thnak you ))) so much for the awards. I will do a post as soon as I can but it may be after the holidays. I am so busy , it is hard to do , but I want to tell you how much I appreciate taht you thought of me and my mini blog. Have a lovely end of year and merry Christmas to you and your beloved ones~smiles~

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Patricia, There's no rush. I just wanted you to know how much I like your art and blog :-0!

Joanne,You're most certainly welcome. I love your work and blog!

Kimi Springer said... [Reply]

Hi Robin :) Thank you soooo very much for the award!! I am so grateful!! I'm sorry I haven't thanked you sooner, I have neglected my blog lately and hadn't seen your post. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! And by the way, I love your work, I really am amazed by your needle felting skills..after needle felting Pepperton's I have a whole new appreciation for the work you do! Your work is awesome, I could never needle felt like that!! Thanks again for being so sweet and for visiting my blog, I appreciate it so much!! Big hugs, Kimi

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks Kimi :-)!

Kasey Sorsby said... [Reply]

Hi there...

I am not sure what this is, but I saw my name on your list. I'm sorry I missed whatever it was you were doing back in December...Can I be considered again?

kasey