Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Felties!

I just finished these two new felties and listed them on eBay last night. Plus I decided to give Henry a vacation from ETSY and put him on too. Now there's an item on auction for each of my charites.

It's been a real scorcher here in the Mojave. Temperatures have been well over 100 degrees everyday. I've been turning on the swamp cooler earlier and earlier. I think it's even been too hot for the lizards. They're always in the shade. When I was doing the photo shoot for the bobcat, a big desert spiny lizard ran up the tree and got in one of the photos. It's too bad that he was just a blurr.

Mojave, the bobcat is after a fairly young bobcat that I've seen in the wash in front of my house. I use the rocks there to do a lot of my pictures, especially for the horses. There are always bobcat prints in the sand. I was hoping that if I got pictures early enough in the morning, they would show up well. Unfortunately, the winds that night erased most of the prints. I think this little guy is the offspring of the one that I used to see up at the graveyard above my house. He heads down to the park everynight to look for the cottontails that congregate there to eat grass and get water. I'm happy he hasn't gotten any of the bunnies that use my yard.


The next one I finished was a sleeping piglet. I just love the way little pigs seem so content when they sleep. It kid of reminds me of the way dogs will wag their tails when they dream. I tried to capture that expression in Posie. Posie also has a needle felted teddy to sleep with. Her tiny teddy bear is 5 way thread jointed so his head, arms and legs move.

2 comments:

Heather said... [Reply]

I just love your little piggies, they are cute beyond belief!

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks, Heather :-)!