Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Hailey & Licorice































I just put the finishing touches on Licorice, the little black cat, this morning and snapped a few pictures of him and Hailey, my first ever doll. I had quite a bit of trouble turning those tiny fingers. She's 4 way thread jointed and was completely hand-sewn, save for her cape. I brought out the sewing machine for that one. I rarely use it as it usually devolves into ranting and raving and cursing at the sewing machine. When my sons were little, I would always sew their Halloween costumes. They both knew when to take cover when I brought that thing out. My youngest says that's when he learned his first cuss words. However, it went fairly smoothly, this time. I found that the more I did on this doll the more little props I wanted to make. She has a paper clay witch mask, a broom and a polymer clay jack-o-lantern treat pail with goodies inside. It's kind of funny, too, how I started with a pattern and ended up using none of it. I never was very good at following directions.

7 comments:

{Daydreamer} said... [Reply]

She turned out great, Robin! <3

Helen Priem said... [Reply]

Robin, she is spectacular !!!! Your story made me laugh, I saw it pictured in my mind :-)

Dolly0628 said... [Reply]

you do an awesome job Robin!!

Hanni said... [Reply]

What a great doll and this wonderful kitty, excellent!

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks, everyone :0)

ebris said... [Reply]

that doll is amazing! and i love the cat^^

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said... [Reply]

Beautiful set, The cursing was worth every bit. I am so impressed.