Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Albrecht, a Spring Hare






I just finished this guy tonight. His name is Albrecht after Albrecht Durer. His drawing of a young hare was the inspiration for this guy. Little Albrecht is 7 3/4 inches long and 6 inches tall to his ears. This one is a bit different for me as he has no wire frame. He's needle felted densely and has a bit of heft. He has gently combable llama fur that was hand rooted in. He is adorned with a removable sheer lavendar and white polka-dot ribbon that has a hand cut felt flower permanently attached.

10 comments:

Helen Priem said... [Reply]

He is awesome Robin! You know when I saw the thumbnail I immediately thought of Durer's hare?

Kelly said... [Reply]

Really beautiful!!

BiWuBär said... [Reply]

Just reading the headline and watching the picture in the Dashboard I had the impression of Dürer at an instant... A real masterpiece!

Greetings
Birgit

Kelly said... [Reply]

Your work is stunning! I always do a double take....so realistic!

EnjiB said... [Reply]

Breathtaking !! He's wonderful !

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said... [Reply]

He is real. What a talent.

Morena Ciambra Dreamartdolls said... [Reply]

Wow!!!!! Soooooo SWEET!!!!! I saw him blink...he's real! LOL! Love your work!
XXX
Morena

SM Violano said... [Reply]

He is magnificent!!!

Unknown said... [Reply]

If you didn't tell us it wasn't real, I'd think it was!

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks everone for the compliments on Albrecht! They mean a lot to me.