Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Flying Pig & A Learning Experience

It's been once said that there are no failures only learning experiences. Well, my fox was a learning experience. His eyes seemed to disappear and his fur became a glued matted mess. I'm still trying to figure out how to do it better. But I now know how I'm not going to do it.
I just finished this little piggy yesterday and she will go on eBay tonight along with my little bull terrier. No Reserve this time. My sales seem to have hit rock bottom. It's kind of scary because this is how I earn my living.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will work. Otherwise, it's beans and rice for a while.

9 comments:

Jeanie said... [Reply]

Your little pig has the most tender expression....very sweet.
Sorry about your sales. It's not a reflection of your talented work, it's just that most of us are struggling to keep the beans and rice on the table ourselves! Hang in there and hopefully, your sales will improve very soon!

Julia said... [Reply]

I love the bull terrier and the little pig :-) Sorry to hear your sales are not as high as your talant deserves :-( Let us hope that it is just a little blak line that will be followed by a wide white one :-) Wish you good luck in your eBay and Eatsy sales!!!

Ascension said... [Reply]

Que maravilla!!!!
Bordas los animales, te quedan de lo mas real.
El cerdito es una monada.
besitos ascension

Nan said... [Reply]

These are amazing I wish I could do this well. You have a real talent for it. The fox is my favorite.

Heather said... [Reply]

I wish you luck on your sales!

Even though you consider it a
"learning experience"... your fox is still darned cute!

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement! They mean a lot tome :-)!

Fiver said... [Reply]

Robin, seriously you did great! You should see the first animal I tried to fur - you'd have a good laugh, and you'd feel a lot better! Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions - I may not be able to answer all of them, but I'd be happy to help if possible.
I'm sorry to hear about your sales, your needle felted animals are some of the best I've ever seen. It seems sales are really up and down with me, nobody for a long time, then suddenly everybody at once wants something, lol. I'm sure things will pick up soon.

Bearly Sane said... [Reply]

Don't be disheartened Robin, we all have slumps now and then. Your work is beautiful, so you don't have to worry, things will pick up again.

Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

P.S. Love the piggy!

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thanks Fiver and Sandi!