Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Frankie, the Newspaper Boy



This is little Frankie. His little outfit is removable and completely hand sewn. I believe sewing little mouse pants was the hardest thing to make a pattern for.  Mice really don't have legs. The newspapers are little miniature copies of a 1900 New York Times. It was fun trying to figure out how to age them a bit. The first batch I made, I tried aging the papers in strong tea. The ink ran. So the second batch, I aged them in picasa and then used pastels and a fixative. Frankie's eBay auction starts Sunday night at the usual time of 6:45 PM PST.

16 comments:

Diego Bras Harriott said... [Reply]

Just love it. is Awesome!!!

tammytheburke said... [Reply]

Is his sweater made from a sock? I love it. It is so hard to try and choose what to bid on.

Robin Andreae said... [Reply]

Thank you Diego & Tammy :-)
Tammy, you guessed right. I don't know how to knit and I thought for an old tattered sweater, a sock would work perfectly.

Sharon said... [Reply]

Oh I love him! Love his hat and jumper and the newspapers are perfect. Fantastic work!

Kikka N said... [Reply]

Wow, isn`t he wonderful! Love him!

Mobifilz said... [Reply]

It`s Fantastic, I love him :-)

Many greetings Jessi

Jeanie said... [Reply]

I wish he were my newspaper deliverer. I'd hire him in a heartbeat!

Hilde said... [Reply]

What cutie! Great work on the newspaper as well, and your problems started my brains to try finding solutions as well, rofl!

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said... [Reply]

He is adorable dressed in his sweater and hat. Love it.

CWPoppets said... [Reply]

He is perfect! Love him!

Donna said... [Reply]

WOW! Love his outfit. Makes me think of the Little Rascals.

Fabiola said... [Reply]

He's fabulous!
Bye Faby

Melli Hobby said... [Reply]

Fantastic.
I love him.
Greetings
Melanie

madlen said... [Reply]

Wow ;-) Every detail is perfect ;-)! Beautiful

Wendy Luane Barber said... [Reply]

What an adorable little guy. I guess that's my word for the month. Way too cute.

Unknown said... [Reply]

Do you sell these?