Friday, October 21, 2011
I just finished Viola this morning. It seemed to me that Forest needed a wife. Plus I got to practice trying to hide the seams on the body. So far the best option is clothes (lol). But I'll keep working on it before I start putting skin to the angel. Before she had clothes, my son was a little freaked out with the creepy naked old lady laying on the kitchen table.
Viola's eBay auction starts tonight at 6:45 PM PDT.
Posted by Robin Andreae at 1:33 PM
Saturday, October 15, 2011
I thought I'd experiment a bit before I started fleshing out the angel more. So I decided to try it out on a smaller guy. I made this little gnome by first needle felting him, then shading him and finally giving him a nylon skin. I made him a couple of pals, a life-size house sparrow named Percy and Life-size little mouse named Acorn. Forest, Percy and Acorn will be auctioned individually on eBay tomorrow evening. If you wish to purchase all three, I will deduct $30.00 from the final purchase price. Please wait for the invoice before paying.
Posted by Robin Andreae at 8:52 PM
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
I had to snap a picture of what I've finished so far on the angel. While I had the camera out, I couldn't resist getting one of Bullet, too. He's all bundled up because in the last two days our temperature went from 90 degrees to 45! It's a little hard to get used to. The weather is even talking possible snow this evening. Life in the high desert can be a little unpredictable at times. The one and only thing you can count on is that Summers are hot.
So a bit about the angel. The gold breast plate will have to be remade. It doesn't quite fit anymore since I bulked out his body to match his head. He's 16 inches tall and his head 2 1/2 inches long a bit too big for his body. But it's already rock solid and I don't know if I can get it smaller. It should be 2 inches tall. When I did the intial sculpt for his head it ended up being 3 1/4. He was the big head angel. I managed to shrink it down 3/4 of an inch. To match his current head size, he should be 20 inches tall. So I have a couple of choices either I try to scale his head down by 1/4 inch and stretch his body by two inches, remake his head to fit his current body size or just live with a slightly large headed angel. I'm putting him a side for some time before I make my decision.
Since I've been making so many skulls these days I thought I'd work on a Day of the Dead skull nextwith a Mexican free tail bat. I picked up a really good book on floral embroidery, "Floral Stitches" by Judith Baker Montano. I thought it might be kind of fun to to do some on the skull.
Posted by Robin Andreae at 9:58 AM